No House is Immune to Water Damage
Water damage can be extremely hard to detect by the unexperienced eye. Luckily for homeowners, the professionals from Paul Davis have been well-trained in water damage. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at extremely reasonable rates. If you have unexpected water damages on your hands, don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. But in order to find water damage before it escalates, homeowners must to be able to detect water damage. There are preemptive steps you can take to prevent water damage in your home. The best way to tackle water damage is to prevent it from happening in the first place.
The Causes of Water Damage
Prevention is the most productive way to avoid water damage. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage. You’ll have to take the time to analyze the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too cautious. Here’s what can cause water damage:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Many homeowners find water damage on their property when it’s too late. More often than not, it could have been prevented. There are ways to prevent this. To avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Rely on us to help you.