Repair Fire Damage
Fire can cause some major damage to a house. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings, while soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your house.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our fire repair experts are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
Repair Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. If you don’t act quickly, small-scale kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- Position large fans towards open windows and doors to fan out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Paul Davis’ Services
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing fire repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in effective using the proper equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage removal expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.